Our ambition is to encourage more young women to join us, offer greater support for them to achieve their highest potential and send them into the world to do extraordinary things.
Thank you for considering making a gift to the College. Your support helps us to reach closer to this goal.
Giving to the College
You can donate to the College in several different ways:
- You can make a credit card donation online.
- We are also happy to accept card donations over the phone during working hours (9.00am - 5.30pm, Monday - Friday). Please call the Development Office to make a gift by phone: 01223 762288.
- If you are a US taxpayer and would like to claim tax relief on your donation, you must make your gift through Cambridge in America.
- You can make a regular monthly, quarterly or annual gift by setting up a Direct Debit through our online giving page.
- Alternatively, you can complete a Donation Form and send this to the Development Office.
- Please make your cheque payable to Murray Edwards College.
- Please send it along with a completed Donation Form to the Development Office at the address below.
Leaving a Legacy
- More information about leaving a gift to the College in your will.
Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) Vouchers
- We can accept CAF vouchers payable to: Murray Edwards College. Please send your voucher and completed Donation Form to the Development Office at the address below.
- If you are a UK taxpayer, don't forget to Gift Aid your donation. Every £1 you give with Gift Aid is worth £1.25 to the College, at no extra cost to you. All you need to do is sign the declaration on your donation form.
Giving from the US
Cambridge in America is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organisation (recognised by the US Internal Revenue Service) which funds grants that benefit Cambridge University and its member colleges. Gifts to Cambridge in America qualify for a US income tax deduction. The Development Director works closely with the Cambridge in America officers and would be happy to discuss tax-effective giving methods with any US donor.
To make a tax-effective donation from the United States, please download and complete our US Donation Form, which should be returned directly to Cambridge in America.
You can also give online via the Cambridge in America website.
Giving from Canada
Canadian residents can claim donations to the College on their tax returns, as the University of Cambridge and its colleges qualify as an exempt charity under Canadian tax code. Donations can be made by cheque or credit card directly to the College. Credit card donations should be designated in Pounds Sterling, although the charge will appear on your statement in Canadian dollars.
You can donate online or by completing a Donation Form and sending this to the Development office at the address below. A legal receipt will be issued from the University Treasurer's Office for filing with your tax return.
If you have any questions about donating to the College, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Call: 01223 762288
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Development Office, Murray Edwards College, Cambridge, CB3 0DF, UK